Located in Chico, California --- (530) 345-1912
Sarah Richardson's Canine Connection is a comprehensive canine education center where we believe that the partnership between dogs and people is powerful, positive, and unique. At the heart of all our services is a deep appreciation of the trust, friendship, and respect that underlies our essential relationship with dogs. Come celebrate all things dog with us!
- New SUNDAY training class posted - Small Dog Basics - Click HERE to register!
- Agility 1 and 2 start August 22 (Wednesday evening classes) - Click HERE to register!
- Puppy Social is every Sunday at 3:30. Bring lots of yummy treats and your smile! All pups enrolled in current or future pup classes who are younger than 6 months old may attend - but we MUST have your vaccination records (2 DHPP, first bordetella and canine flu).
- Leash walking and come-when-called practice for dogs 6 months and up who are enrolled in any classes is Sunday at 4:30 pm.
- Chico Animal Shelter really needs volunteers for kennel cleaning each morning (the work is hard and not glamorous but is so meaningful!). Go to ChicoAnimalShelter.org and click on the Volunteer link to see how to volunteer. Dr. Sarah is an active volunteer. She will personally show you how to clean the kennels - what a deal! 🙂
- Everyone, PLEASE get your canine flu vaccinations! There have been recent cases of canine flu in the Bay Area. See your vet NOW to be sure ALL your dog's vaccinations are up-to-date. We require documentation of canine flu vaccination (along with other vaccinations) for participation in our training, daycare, and boarding programs. Thanks!
Our positive, progressive training program will help enhance your communication and connection with your dog. Personalized attention and professional instruction that is based on the most up-to-date knowledge about dog training and behavior.
We make training fun so lessons are easy to learn and practice.
Dog Daycare “Done Right,” that’s what Whole Dog Journal said about us! Our staff, center, and standards are beyond compare.
Actually, we like to call it “playcare” since it is so much fun!! What happens during daycare? You drop your dog off with our skilled attendants and they stay and play!
Premium dog boarding so your dog has fun and you are worry-free. Round-the-clock supervision. Our skilled, attentive staff is on duty 24 hours a day. We don’t rely on remote cameras or nearby residents who may (or may not) check in periodically on your dog. Our staff is present, attentive, and available around the clock, whenever your dog needs us.
Our Clients Say
"Thank you Sarah and your awesome staff for caring for all the dogs just like family!" Yes, you guys are, indeed, AWESOME!!!
--Shirley Wulfert, Rudy the labradoodle's guardian
Brillo and I feel so blessed to be part of the loving family of Canine Connection folks who dedicate themselves to training and caring for our four-footed companions and their people.
--Sally Sanderson, Brillo the Poodle's guardian.
"Our dog LOVES Canine Connection. We board him here when he cant go with us on trips. They are the best and take great care. Thanks Sarah! You guys are the best!!!"
--Sandra Harasser, Rook the Rhodesian Ridgeback's guardian