Located in Chico, California --- Established 2002
Sarah Richardson's Canine Connection is a comprehensive canine education center that was founded to enrich the lives of dogs and their people. Through force-free, positive reinforcement training, enrichment-based daycare, premium boarding, and educational seminars we help dogs and their people develop meaningful lifetime connections. Come celebrate The Canine Connection with us!
- We are so humbled... we have been asked if there's a way to "pay it forward" by purchasing future services now, thereby providing us with income to help us pay the bills during this difficult time. So, because you asked, we are offering "Pay-It-Forward" gift certificates that will support us now and allow you to receive valuable savings once we're all back in action. We think this will be a win-win for us all! We've been here with you and your dogs since 2002 and we promise to always do our best to provide your dog's second home and be his or her second-best friend.
- We are SO excited to announce that ALL our introductory training classes are now available in an online format. You can choose to participate in our virtual classes in real-time and/or follow our self-paced program at your own speed. Just register for our class as if you were taking it at our center, and you'll be able to run through our entire curriculum while you are staying at home! Just heading over to our training pages to find out more. Click HERE!
- ONLINE -- TRICKS FOR CLICKS CLASS! Register now (just $95) and gain access, for an entire year, to 35 videos, teaching over 15 different behaviors. Have some fun training then show off in our Facebook talent show. Click HERE for more information and registration!
- Sadly, our general daycare program is going on hiatus effective Saturday, March 21. We hope this is temporary and we hope to be back in action soon. We will continue to board dogs who are already part of our dog care community if we are able and there are emergency needs. And, stay tuned for details about renting our yard space for your own little social distance maintaining doggie socials.
- Walk Woof Wag News....We are proud and thankful - our annual fundraiser for Chico Animal Shelter raised $20,000 in 2019, bringing the total raised for Chico Animal Shelter to over $75,000! This year, we are sharing a portion of the proceeds wth Paradise Animal Shelter which will be receiving a check for $4,000 for their medical fund. Thank you to all the sponsors, donors, participants, and volunteers!! WOOF!
Our positive, progressive training program will help enhance your communication and connection with your dog. Personalized attention and professional instruction that is based on the most up-to-date knowledge about dog training and behavior.
We make training fun so lessons are easy to learn and practice.
Dog Daycare “Done Right,” that’s what Whole Dog Journal said about us! Our staff, center, and standards are beyond compare.
Actually, we like to call it “playcare” since it is so much fun!! What happens during daycare? You drop your dog off with our skilled attendants and they stay and play!
Premium dog boarding so your dog has fun and you are worry-free. Round-the-clock supervision. Our skilled, attentive staff is on duty 24 hours a day. We don’t rely on remote cameras or nearby residents who may (or may not) check in periodically on your dog. Our staff is present, attentive, and available around the clock, whenever your dog needs us.
Our Clients Say
"Thank you Sarah and your awesome staff for caring for all the dogs just like family!" Yes, you guys are, indeed, AWESOME!!!
--Shirley Wulfert, Rudy the labradoodle's guardian
Brillo and I feel so blessed to be part of the loving family of Canine Connection folks who dedicate themselves to training and caring for our four-footed companions and their people.
--Sally Sanderson, Brillo the Poodle's guardian.
"Our dog LOVES Canine Connection. We board him here when he cant go with us on trips. They are the best and take great care. Thanks Sarah! You guys are the best!!!"
--Sandra Harasser, Rook the Rhodesian Ridgeback's guardian