We occasionally hire outstanding individuals to work with our amazing clients and their dogs. Our standards for professionalism are high, the work is challenging, and the rewards are great. If you are interested in joining the team of dog care professionals at The Canine Connection, check out these jobs for which we are currently hiring.
Dog Care Attendant – Currently hiring – 20-30 hours a week
If you love dogs, enjoy working and playing hard, and don’t mind getting a little dirty or furry, this job could be for you. Being a Dog Care Attendant can be challenging, fun, and very rewarding.
Description of Position and Responsibilities:
Working under the direction of the Manager, the individual is responsible for supervision and care of multiple dogs in key areas; overseeing play, breaks, feeding, bathing, maintaining a clean facility, and interacting with clients. Examples of duties include:
- meeting with clients who are dropping off or picking up their dogs;
- documenting client instructions, medications applications, and dropped off items;
- supervising dogs while playing or resting;
- maintaining a sparkling clean and sanitary environment throughout the centers;
- performing routine housekeeping tasks such as laundry, dishwashing, sweeping, mopping;
- ensuring that all equipment, including toys, is clean and well-maintained.
- cleaning all aspects and areas of the facility;
- feeding dogs by ensuring both food and medication are administered at prescribed times and in prescribed ways;
- maintaining watering dog bowls throughout day and prior to end of shift;
- maintaining daily information on dog behavior, activities and well-being;
- bathing dogs;
- communicating dog status at end of shift;
- photographing dogs when assigned;
- other duties as assigned.
The position requires someone with a positive attitude, who is reliable, punctual, and detail-oriented with a great work ethic and excellent communication skills. Candidates must be a minimum of 18 years old, have a current California driver’s license, and reliable transportation. Desired qualifications include:
- working knowledge of dog behavior;
- prior experience working with dogs and/or dog care;
- certification related to dog care and/or behavior and positive training;
- previous housekeeping/cleaning experience;
- record of excellent customer service experience.
Must love dogs. Some knowledge of dog behavior is helpful, but a passion for animals and animal welfare is a requirement. Must have the ability to:
- provide the dogs with a good experience, with an emphasis on their social well-being.
- ensure that all dogs have a fun and enriching time at the Canine Connection;
- work with dogs of a variety of sizes, personalities, and play styles;
- monitor dogs and take care of dogs in large play groups;
- read and respond proactively to dog body language;
- anticipate if problems between dogs may occur and prevent them from happening in a safe and positive manner;
- track detail regarding individual dogs;
- remain calm and effective in stressful situations;
- clean all aspects of facility;
- understand daily processes and make appropriate recommendations for improvements;
- know and be able to communicate effectively about all the services provided by the Canine Connection;
- communicate items needing purchase, replacement or repair;
- communicate challenges and questions that need attention to management as soon as possible;
- maintain required attendance level and adherence to work schedule;
- follow appropriate safety procedures;
- be on your feet for duration of shift;
- lift up to 60 lbs;
- run/move/react quickly;
- be detail oriented and organized;
- provide excellent customer service;
- take on a flexible schedule;
- work independently as well as part of a team environment
Wage: Starting wage is $12.00 per hour with increases based on performance.
By email only: Submit (1) a resume, (2) cover letter describing your interest in the position, (3) accurate information about your availability (days of week and times of day), and (4) names and contact information of three references: by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (on subject line, please put DOG DAYCARE ATTENDANT POSITION and include documents as pdf or MS word attachments).