We take pride in providing our clients with personalized attention and professional instruction that is based on the most up-to-date knowledge about dog training and behavior. You and your dog can benefit from:
- Group dog training classes
- Private coaching
- Behavior consultations
- Educational seminars
- Dog day care
- Socialization and social activities
These are typically held at the Canine Connection’s modern, indoor training center. This state-of-the-art facility provides a safe, comfortable, year-round training environment. Read more about our facility here.
Our staff includes the area’s only Certified Pet Dog Trainers (CPDT-KA) and Certified Dog Behavior Consultant (CDBC). Dr. Sarah Richardson is one of the few professionals in the nation to be certified in both areas. She leads a passionate team of professionals who are dedicated to helping you with your dog. All staff have years of experience working with dogs, including training, veterinary care, pet sitting, and grooming. Read more about the Canine Connection team here.
Group Dog Training Classes
Our group classes are small. We typically limit them to eight to ten dogs per class so that you and your dog get the assistance you deserve. We also make training fun so lessons are easy to learn and practice.
In our classes you will learn:
- How to teach your dog desirable behaviors and prevent bad habits from forming
- How to deal with common behavior problems
- How to gain and keep your dog's attention
- How to teach your dog to practice self restraint
- How to train your dog to do basic obedience behaviors (sit, down, stay, come, heel, leave it, watch me), and more!
- How to use recommended equipment properly and safely
- How to be your dog's best teacher, leader, and friend!
Our Chico CA dog training classes include:
View Chico, CA Puppy Dog Training Classes ~ View Chico, CA Adult Dog Training Classes
- Personal attention to you and your dog due to our small class size
- Selected training equipment, an extensive training manual filled with helpful information, and graduation certificates and photos
- Personal "fittings" and proper use lessons for other recommended equipment
- Socialization opportunities - with dogs and people
- Training in our safe, comfortable indoor center and secure outdoor environment
- Opportunities to continue your training through continuing ed classes and clinics
Private Training and Consultations
Do you and your dog need a personal canine coach? Private training helps those whose schedules or situations don’t permit participation in our group classes. Behavior consultations provide expert insight into your dog’s behavior and ways to improve it. All private lessons and consultations are conducted by a nationally certified dog trainer (CPDT-KA) and behavior consultant (CDBC).
Click on one of the links at the top left of the page to learn more about The Canine Connection’s services.