Your Dog’s Home Away From Home. Your Peace of Mind.
We know dogs. But just as much, we know what it’s like to be a dog parent when you must be away from your canine companion. Our goal, at The Canine Connection, is to make this separation worry-free for both you and your dog so we’ve created a dog boarding experience like none other. We don’t cut corners and we just won’t compromise when it comes to “Canine Connection Care.”
What is “Canine Connection Care?”
Round-the-clock supervision. Our skilled, attentive staff is on duty 24 hours a day. We don’t rely on remote cameras or nearby residents who may (or may not) check in periodically on your dog. Our staff is present, attentive, and available around the clock, whenever your dog needs us. Check out this photo album of night time at the Canine Connection HERE.
Fun! Many of our clients refer to a stay at The Canine Connection as “Disney for Dogs”. Our center is a private dog resort with a magical spirit where dogs can run, romp or rest in the company of other playful dogs, supervised by a team of humans that is totally devoted to their care. We take only a small number of dog-friendly dogs so each VIP (Very Important Pooch) can receive the attention he or she deserves. We want your dog’s stay with us to be fun and interactive. By day, your dog will romp in our state-of-the-art play rooms and outdoor park with carefully selected canine friends and/or enjoy individualized walks in our quiet neighborhood environs. Our long-term guests will often be taken (with your permission, of course) on outings around town (dog ice cream at Shuberts, anyone?).
State of the Art Facility. Our center is one-of-a-kind with:
- Central heat and air conditioning. All indoor areas are climate-controlled with the most modern, effective central heat and air system to ensure your dog’s safety and comfort.
- Rubberized flooring. Your dog’s joints can get stressed from romping on hard surfaces, and slipping and sliding while playing is a recipe for injury. So, our indoor playroom and indoor-outdoor gym are both equipped with wall-to-wall rubber flooring.
- Camera surveillance. To augment supervision and security even further, our center is equipped with a camera surveillance system to monitor all outside and inside areas.
- Customized sleeping areas. Our center has multiple sleeping “dorms” to accommodate the needs of different dogs. Some dogs rest in individual suites, equipped with raised, fleece beds. Older, calmer dogs can sleep out and about in our home-like environment. Puppies are kept in our quiet, puppy zone so they are ensured maximum rest along with the comfort of other pups.
(yes, our experienced staff is here throughout the night!)
Diligent staff training. Our staff is trained in dog group management, safety, and dog first-aid and emergency response.
Attention to every detail. Stuffed kong toys, homemade treats baked in our on-site kitchen, calming music, bedtime stories, evening massages, late night potty outings, and the list goes on. We believe details make the difference and we provide the best for your dog.
Attention to special needs. We accommodate any special meals or medication needs without additional cost. We know it’s particularly stressful to travel when your dog has special needs. We pride ourselves on going the extra mile for dogs requiring special care.
And just in case…we are just minutes from Valley Oak Veterinary Center, a state-of-the-art, 24-hour center for emergency care.
Rates and Hours
Rates: $60 per night (check-out at 10:00 AM); $35 daycare fee applies for dogs picked up after 10:00 AM; additional fees may apply for dogs needing hospice-type or other specialized care.
Drop off and pick up by appointment during the following times:
7:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Early drop-off fee of $15 for drop-offs between the hours of 6:00 AM and 7:00 AM; no drop-offs before 6:00 AM since dogs are resting.
7:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Late pick-up fee of $15 after 6:00 PM; no pick-ups after 8:00 PM since dogs are resting.
Reservations at The Canine Connection
We want your dog to have an optimum experience at The Canine Connection. Because dogs stay and play in a park-like and home environment, we only accept dogs that enjoy the company of other dogs and are comfortable being cared for by people other than their parents. We have a very thorough evaluation process that requires dogs to participate in a temperament evaluation and at least one day of daycare prior to being boarded.
PLEASE DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE TO EXPLORE BOARDING OPTIONS WITH US! SINCE YOUR DOG IS REQUIRED TO SPEND TIME AT OUR CENTER ON AT LEAST TWO DIFFERENT OCCASIONS PRIOR TO BEING ACCEPTED INTO OUR BOARDING PROGRAM YOU MUST PLAN AHEAD!
Sign My Dog Up!!
Would you like your dog to become on our boarding VIPS (Very Important Pooches)? Follow these application steps to get the ball rolling!
1. Please start by emailing us at email@example.com to request our Daycare and Boarding Application Form.
2. Once we have received your completed Daycare and Boarding Application Form we will contact your veterinarian for your dog’s vaccination records. We MUST receive documentation that your dog is current on rabies, DHPP, and bordetella before we schedule a temperament evaluation.
3. Once we have received documentation of vaccinations, we will contact you to schedule a temperament evaluation for your dog. These evaluations last approximately 30 minutes and are designed give us a good, preliminary idea if your dog will enjoy and be socially successful in a daycare and social boarding environment. The temperament evaluation price is $15.00.
4. If your dog is considered a good candidate for daycare and boarding, we will then schedule a trial session at daycare. During this session, your dog participates in our regular daycare program for four hours, with all eyes on your dog’s behavior and well-being. After this day, we will make one of three recommendations: (1) we may approve your dog for our regular daycare and social boarding program which allows you to purchase our multi-day daycare passes, (2) we may ask that you schedule another trial day for your dog so that we may observe your dog again, or (3) we may conclude that our daycare and social boarding program is not ideal for your dog. The trial day price is $35.00.
See our Hotel Seville Chico CA Dog Boarding photo albums here: